Roland DG Corporation
New VersaCAMM Models Maximize Your Creativity
Hamamatsu, Japan, April 3, 2007 – Roland DG Corporation today added two new high-performance models to its best-selling VersaCAMM ECO-SOL MAX inkjet printer/cutter line the 30" VP-300 and 54" VP-540.
The New VersaCAMM VP Series is designed from the ground up to enhance the productivity of creative professionals everywhere – from marketing departments and retailers to sign shops and screen printers. Featuring a new compact design and numerous upgrades, the new VersaCAMM VP models make it easier and faster than ever to produce durable, professional-quality signs, banners, billboards, POP displays, labels, decals, vehicle and floor graphics, heat transfers for apparel and more.
"The new VersaCAMM VP is a powerful creative tool that fits into a typical office or retail environment, is easy enough for novice professionals to master, and is packed with performance features," said Yohei Shinomura, Roland DG color product manager. "The VersaCAMM VP Series is designed for versatility, allowing users to express their creativity through a wide variety of graphics applications. Legendary Roland Print&Cut technology allows users to build their businesses by adding new high-impact graphics products that reflect exceptional print quality."
VersaCAMM VP Series Features:
- New compact design is tailored for office, shop or retail environments
- Ease-of-use makes the VersaCAMM VP ideal for creative professionals in virtually any business
- Versatile – the VersaCAMM performs as a printer, printer/cutter or standalone vinyl cutter
- Perfect production partner for a wide range of custom graphics applications including outdoor signs, billboards, backlit signs, banners, decals, labels, posters, POP displays, vehicle graphics, apparel decoration and more
- Supports a wide variety of media including adhesive-back vinyl, banner, paper, film, tarpaulin and heat transfer paper
- Includes Roland VersaWorks 2.2, the latest version of Roland's powerful, user-friendly RIP software featuring the Roland Color spot color fidelity system and Variable Data Printing
- Fast-drying ECO-SOL MAX ink in 4 colors (CMYK) delivers dense, rich colors, outstanding print quality, superior scratch resistance and 3-year outdoor durability
- Optional media take-up system supporting rolls up to 30kg (66 lbs.) for the VP-540 and 20kg (44 lbs.) for the VP-300
- Automated maintenance system for hassle-free operation and allows for immediate printing at any time
Innovative Print&Cut Technology
Designed for both novices and experienced graphics professionals, the VersaCAMM VPs feature Roland's exclusive Print&Cut technology which delivers a seamless workflow for the production of complex sign graphics – printing and then automatically contour cutting on one device without any steps in between. As a result, the VP Series can be operated unattended.
Roland VersaWorks 2.2 Advanced RIP Software Features Enhanced Productivity Tools
VersaCAMM VP models come complete with VersaWorks 2.2, powerful RIP software developed by Roland engineers for the company's inkjet technology. VersaWorks 2.2 includes several enhancements including Roland Color, Roland's new spot color fidelity system. With Roland Color, professionals can take advantage of a variety of spot-color matching tools to quickly and easily match logo colors and other corporate identity elements.
VersaWorks 2.2 also features Variable Data Printing, ideal for labels, name badges, plaques, POP and POS displays, menus and other custom graphics. VersaWorks Variable Data Printing allows users to efficiently produce a series of digital prints in which text and/or graphics change from one print to the next. VersaWorks can be updated automatically through the Internet, ensuring that users always have the latest software version and Roland ICC profiles available. VersaWorks is compatible with Windows 2000/XP operating systems.
Since the VersaCAMM's introduction in 2003, sign makers and other professionals worldwide have enjoyed legendary Roland quality, productivity and reliability – all at affordable price. With more than 20,000 sold, VersaCAMM remains the world's #1 printer/cutter today, supporting the creative endeavors of graphics professionals everywhere.
Roland DG Corporation (TSE symbol 6789) - First Section, Tokyo Stock Exchange
Phone: +81 (0)53-484-1201 / Fax: +81 (0)53-484-1216