Roland DG Corporation
Introducing Roland's First Desktop UV-LED Inkjet Printer
Hamamatsu, Japan, May 24, 2011 – Roland DG Corporation, a worldwide leader in wide-format UV-LED inkjet technologies, has introduced the new VersaUV LEF-12 UV-LED desktop inkjet printer. With a flatbed table of 335 mm x 310 mm (13.2" x 12.2") and a clearance height of 100 mm (3.94"), this new machine allows users to decorate unlimited items from stationery, electronic gadgets, personalised goods, promotional items and more.
"The LEF-12 is our first flatbed UV-LED printer which prints names, logos, photos and original designs on a wide variety of solid materials, even on a single piece, to turn ordinary objects into instantly producible and highly desirable items." says Ayano Saito, Roland DG's Inkjet Product Manager. "Compared with conventional printing methods for solid materials, such as the screen process and pad printing, the LEF-12 does not require pre-press or finishing, including plate-making, drying time or post application processes. The LEF-12 streamlines the short-run production workflow and allows users to create not only original gifts and goods but also customised models and prototypes for consumer electronics, all on demand with minimal running costs."
With Roland's award-winning VersaUV technology, the LEF-12 prints CMYK, plus white ink and clear gloss for luxurious, customised graphics with unrivalled image quality. Rich special effects can be added ranging from white graduation effects, as well as matte and high-gloss finishes for area highlights or floods to custom-textured effects such as faux leather, crocodile skin and Braille. Furthermore, the LEF-12 supports the two print modes. Standard mode is ideal for printing fine detail. Distance mode is more suitable for printing on objects where the surface is not level*1. The innovative UV-LED lamp cures UV inks instantly and allows users to print directly onto a wide variety of substrates including plastic materials, wood and leather, as well as papers and film.
(From left to right: one-of-a-kind business card case and pocketbooks, original smartphone cases, decorated headphones)
Roland VersaUV LEF-12 Features:
- Desktop size of UV-LED inkjet printer
- A flat table work area of 335 mm x 310mm (13.2" x 12.2") with a height of 100 mm (3.94") that allows users to print directly onto a wide variety of solid items
- Features ECO-UV inks in CMYK, and high-density white and clear gloss for exceptional print quality
- Layers of clear gloss varnish create both gloss and matte finishes including 72 ready-to-apply patterns from the Roland Texture Library in VersaWorks®
- High density white ink produces crisp, bright text and graphics on a range of coloured and transparent media
- Supports two print modes: Standard and Distance. Standard mode is ideal for printing fine detail. Distance mode is more suitable for printing on objects where the surface is not level (unevenness of the surface must be 2 mm (0.08") or less).
- Included a safety hood to protect the operator from UV light during operation and a screen to prevent dust falling on the surface of materials whilst printing
- Powerful, easy-to-use Roland VersaWorks® RIP software offers precision colour management
- Long-lasting LED curing lamp
- Operates immediately, without pre-heating or cooling down between use
- Last approximately 10,000 hours
- Easy setup and maintenance
- Automated white ink circulation system prevents pigment from settling, minimising waste and ensuring continuous uninterrupted printing
- Roland OnSupport allows remote online production tracking
Roland VersaWorks® professional colour management RIP software included
VersaUV inkjet printers include the latest version of VersaWorks, Roland's colour management RIP software. For precision spot colour matching, VersaWorks features the Roland Color System which allows users to print reference tools including swatch books and colour charts that make communication easier with clients. VersaWorks also includes the Roland Texture System Library featuring 72 ready-to-use geometric patterns that can be easily accessed from the Adobe® Illustrator® swatch library. Users can either select a pre-designed texture or create their own to add dimensional effects to designs. In addition, VersaWorks estimates the ink usage and print time for each graphic so users can accurately monitor production time and costs. The Roland@ NET auto update service allows easy, automated access to updated VersaWorks versions and profiles. VersaWorks is supported by Windows® 7, Vista® and Windows® 2000/XP.
*1 Unevenness of the surface must be 2 mm (0.08") or less.
Roland DG Corporation (TSE symbol 6789) - First Section, Tokyo Stock Exchange
Phone: +81 (0)53-484-1201 / Fax: +81 (0)53-484-1216