Roland DG Corporation
Preparing for Extended Periods of Non-Use of Roland DG and DGSHAPE Products
Thank you for using Roland DG and DGSHAPE products.
Due to the worldwide spread of the COVID-19 disease and resulting requirements to temporarily close offices and work from home, our customers may not be able to use their machines for an extended length of time.
Given this situation, we are providing the following information regarding procedures to be taken by customers in order to maintain their machines as normal and safe during a period of non-use. Roland DG encourages our customers to carefully read and follow the information in order to properly conduct necessary measures to ensure the health of their machines.
You can obtain detailed information via our websites and/or social networks worldwide. Please visit the Region Selector located at www.rolanddg.com/en/regions to select your country, or contact your local Roland DG office.
Basic information is provided below.
- Inkjet Printers and Printer/Cutters
- It is important to prevent printheads from drying out. Therefore, it is necessary to provide an environment in which the machine performs automatic maintenance as normal.
- Ensure that the main power switch (rear of machine) is left ON and the power cord plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Turn ON the sub power (front control panel) once a month (once every two weeks for UV printers).
- Empty the drain bottle so that the waste liquid discharged during automatic maintenance does not overflow.
- Do not empty the inks or cleaning liquid to allow the machine to perform automatic maintenance.
- Designated models: All Roland DG inkjet printers, printer/cutters
- Dental Wet Mills
- It is important to keep the filter of wet mills in good condition by draining the coolant from the reservoir tank.
- Designated models: DWX-4W, DWX-42W
- All Roland DG and DGSHAPE machines except the above inkjet printers, printer/cutters and Dental Wet Mills
- Unplug the device from the outlet to prevent accidents such as earth leakage.